12 tips for the bride to look her best
Although a wedding can be very stressful, especially its planning, it should never be a source of unease or exhaustion. On your wedding day, a time when you are supposed to be more splendid than ever, you shouldn't look tired or exhausted… After all, you've planned everything so this could be a day full of harmony and happiness.
1. Plan everything in advance. Make your appointments beforehand, and make a detailed plan for the wedding day and for the previous days.
2. Book a massage for the morning of your wedding day so you can start your day relaxed.
3. Make an appointment for pedicure and manicure, preferably in the same place so that you don't have to run around from place to place. Remember that problems such as traffic may occur and you might run late.
4. Book the hairdresser and the make-up also in the same place for the reasons mentioned above. If you can do everything in the same place… excellent!
5. Before your wedding day, about two weeks in advance, do a make-up test to check for eventual allergies to products and take a picture so the make-up artist can reproduce it faithfully on your wedding day. Look at the make-up in the light you will be exposed to on your wedding day and take one or more pictures on those conditions.
6. Do the same for the hairstyle at the hairdresser before your wedding day. Take pictures, put the veil or other accessories you intend to wear, take one or several pictures, and see yourself in them since this is how you will look like in your wedding photos. Don't forget to check if everything is as you want. This also applies to the gown, the colours at the reception and the make-up.
7. Make facials and wax at least two weeks before your wedding day. Imagine you get a rash... You will need at least that time to cure the problem.
8. Cut your hair at least two weeks before the wedding. This will allow time for the hair to look more natural and even if you colour it you can always change it if you don't like it.
9. If your hair is going to be pinned up during the wedding, wash your hair the night before and not on your wedding day for it will be easier to pin it up and style it. If you're wearing a veil or a hat and you intend to take it off after the ceremony, ask the hairdresser to be there so he/she can help you remove it with care and make eventual adjustments.
10. If the wedding takes place in the summer or in a very sunny place don't forget to wear sunblock underneath your make-up and in the parts of your body that will be exposed to the sun.
11. If the ceremony lasts until the night, ask the make-up artist to retouch the make-up by the end of the afternoon for the make-up must always be a little stronger and heavier at night for the photographs and also for the mood.
12. Don't go to a solarium before your wedding day, don't even go out in the sun since your skin may get spotted or sun burned. This is never pleasant least of all on your wedding day!