How to conceal a tattoo on your wedding day
If, as a bride who has one or more tattoos, you’ve decided that you do not want your tattoo to be exposed on your wedding day, the question is: how do you conceal a tattoo when wearing a back and/or arm revealing dress? Read on for the answer.
Tattoos & Brides
Tattoos have never been more in and they are, more than ever, a type of self-expression, an art form that is expressed on the body with meaning and emotion, sometimes with regret. Whether you love or hate your tattoo, if you’ve decided that on your wedding day you want to be a tattoo-less bride, than you need a plan of action. How to conceal a tattoo on your wedding? With makeup of course!
What you need
If you’ve decided that you don’t want a specific or any of your tattoos visible when you walk down the aisle in your glorious wedding dress to tie the knot, you need one thing: a good concealer, ideally one that has been specifically designed to conceal medical defects such as scars – although there are already some tattoo concealers available in the cosmetics market, so do some research first. Be aware that you should buy this concealer in three different shades: the first one should correspond exactly to your skin color; the second concealer should be one shade lighter; and the third concealer should be two shades lighter than your skin tone.
Concealing a tattoo on your wedding day
Whether you do it yourself or have hired a make-up artist, this is what you need to do in order to conceal a tattoo on your wedding day:
- Using an appropriate brush, start by applying the lightest colored concealer (two shades lighter than your skin tone) to the tattoo – be sure that you only apply the concealer directly to the tattoo and not to the surrounding skin area.
- The second step is to apply the intermediate concealer (one shade lighter than your skin tone), making sure that it blends perfectly with the previous application.
- Next, apply the concealer that corresponds exactly to your skin color, blending it with the surrounding skin in order to create a very natural effect.
- Lastly, apply a fixing powder in order to keep the concealer in place and your tattoo concealed all day.
- Take the concealers with you, just in case you need a touch up during your wedding day.